Job Title: Laundry Attendant
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Local Supervisor
Qualities: Well Organized, Personable, Willingness to Learn, Mature, Responsible, Team Player, Punctual.
The Laundry attendant provides for the production effort of the laundry department. The Laundry Attendant is responsible to ensure that standards of cleanliness in hotel linen and terry products are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service. This position maintains the cleanliness of the linen inventory and other items as assigned by hotel management.
The Laundry Attendant will adhere to all policies and procedures of Ace Staffing. Adherence to all unique local hotel policies is also required. The Laundry Attendant is expected to work independently under the direction of housekeeping & laundry management and the local Ace supervisor.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Able to perform repetitive work.
- Sorts dirty articles according to type.
- Sorts torn and stain articles.
- Sorts and counts articles to verify quantities on laundry requisitions.
- Soaks dirty articles and processes in de-staining cycle.
- Clean lint traps and sweeps laundry room.
- Loads articles into washer and adds specific amount of detergent, soap or other cleaning chemical by programming laundry machines.
- Lifts clean, wet articles from washer and places them successively into driers for measured time cycles.
- Folds and places items in appropriate storage area.
- Responsible for the care of equipment and machines.
- Knowledge of safety rules for guests, employees, equipment and machinery.
- Report safety hazards, such as broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons, to supervisor immediately.
- Follow all training procedures as set forth in the Bloodborne Pathogens Program.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work all shifts and holidays.
- Able to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Able to stand, bend, stoop, and stretch for long periods of time multiple times during a shift.
- Work in hot environment.
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by Excel Supervisor, Housekeeping Leadership or Hotel Management.
At all times during the term of employment, Employee agrees to provide their best efforts and skills to perform the duties and tasks as outlined herein. Employee agrees to represent and project the Employer in the highest regard and represent themselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Employer is in the hospitality business, therefore, Employee is expected to provide a friendly, welcoming attitude and a high level of customer service to our hotel guests, our customers and fellow employees.