Job Title: Line Cook
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Local Supervisor
Qualities: Well Organized, Personable, Willingness to Learn, Mature, Responsible, Team Player, Punctual.
The line cook position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees. This role does not normally include any cooking duties. In addition to his or her food preparation duties, a line cook may also be responsible for completing a large number of smaller tasks. Such tasks could include, but are not limited to, ensuring food is stored properly, performing kitchen maintenance tasks, testing the temperature of food at specified intervals.
A line cook should be adept at utilizing a wide range of kitchen tools and utensils, including chopping knives and vegetable grinders.
The line cook will adhere to all policies and procedures of Ace Staffing. Adherence to all unique local hotel policies is also required. The line cook is expected to work independently under the direction of kitchen management and the local Ace supervisor.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Able to perform repetitive work.
- Able to prepare food according to food handlers.
- Able to back up cooks.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of safety rules for kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of where and how kitchen items are properly stored.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work all shifts and holidays.
- Able to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work in hot environment.
- Keep a clean and tidy workstation.
- Be able to self-motivate.
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions.
At all times during the term of employment, Employee agrees to provide their best efforts and skills to perform the duties and tasks as outlined herein. Employee agrees to represent and project the Employer in the highest regard and represent themselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Employer is in the hospitality business, therefore, Employee is expected to provide a friendly, welcoming attitude and a high level of customer service to our hotel guests, our customers and fellow employees.