Job Title: Operations Manager
Exemption Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Management
Qualities: Well Organized, Personable, Intelligent, Mature, Adept at Issue Resolution.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all daily facets of operations at their assigned property(s). The Operations Manager will assist in the recruiting, hiring, and training of personnel as requested by authorized local hotel management. The Operations Manager will adhere to and implement all policies and procedures of Ace Hospitality. Adherence to all unique local hotel policies is also required. The supervisor is expected to work independently under the direction of corporate management.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Communicate with direct reports (local supervisors) on a frequent basis to provide guidance, support, training and leadership to ensure effective operations in their area of responsibility and to ensure the satisfaction of our internal and external customers. Ensure adherence to all hotel/corporate procedures and policies is occurring on a daily basis. Propose for adoption any policies or procedures which would improve our lawful effective personnel management.
- Communicate with corporate management effectively on a weekly basis. A weekly report is required to be submitted in written form containing the standard elements. These standard elements include, but are not limited to: Location, Meetings with Hotel Partners and description, Meetings with Employees and description, Important Events occurring at assigned location(s), Ideas for Improvement (If Any), Thoughts, Concerns and Questions (If Any).
- Work in conjunction with Executive Management to ensure any new sales opportunities are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implements, controls and ensures the proper hiring, training and termination of all staffing personnel. Control Human Resources functions on a local level; adhering to proper documentation policies and ensuring new employee orientation is conducted in a satisfactory manner.
- Conduct employee meetings, from time to time, to discuss matters of common interest and take action if necessary. Monitor employee morale on a regular basis. Administer, possibly in conjunction with the local hotel, any employee recognition program.
- Review all personnel disciplinary actions to ensure they are compliant with all local, state and federal laws.
- Must be able to travel to assigned location(s) once a quarter at a minimum. Approximately 50% of work hours will be spent traveling.
- Manage and Maintain existing and future customer relationships in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ensure the continuous professional growth of direct reports through training, meetings, policy review, seminars or other methods as approved by executive management.
- Attend daily pre-shift meeting (if any) at the housekeeping department each day when at an assigned location. Attend other department meetings, from time-totime, where we provide staff.
- Conduct room inspections when at each assigned location. Room inspection results should be inserted into weekly reports and site visit reports.
- Interface with local hotel management to ensure Ace employees attain the same, or better, work habits, work ethic, appearance and conduct of hotel employees.
- Ensure the proper training and development programs for line level employees is conducted in a timely manner to assist in the growth of personnel within our organization.
- Maintain safety programs to ensure the safety of employees, their fellow employees and guests of the hotel. Ensure training in these areas is regularly reinforced and proper training records are kept at the local and corporate office.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel program in order to process payroll biweekly and submit it to payroll accounting in a timely manner. Check payroll and time clock system on a daily basis in order to assure accuracy of payroll checks written to employees.
- Submit all required and requested report or other work to Executive Management on schedule.
- Continually see to enhance the manner in which we do business. Maintain knowledge of industry trends and implement any applicable programs, strategies, etc. to improve the effectiveness of the operation.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by Executive Management.
At all times during the term of this Agreement, Employee agrees to provide their best efforts and skills to perform the duties and tasks as outlined herein. Employee agrees to represent and project the Employer in the highest regard and represent themselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Employer is in the hospitality business, therefore, Employee is expected to provide a friendly, welcoming attitude and a high level of customer service to our hotel guests, our customers and fellow employees.