Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Local Supervisor
Qualities: Well Organized, Personable, Willingness to Learn, Mature, Responsible, Team Player, Punctual.
The Housekeeping Houseperson provides service to hotel guests and fellow housekeepers. The Housman is responsible to ensure that standards of cleanliness in assigned areas are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service. This position supports the Housekeepers and maintains the elevator landings, hallways and guest floors of the hotel. The Housekeeping Houseperson will adhere to all policies and procedures of Ace Staffing. Adherence to all unique local hotel policies is also required. The Houseperson is expected to work independently under the direction of kitchen management and the local Ace supervisor.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Able to perform repetitive work.
- Maintain the cleanliness of assigned guest floors, including high dusting of walls, vacuuming, mopping, polishing, cleaning of multiple surfaces, artwork and window interiors.
- Clean and polish guest and service elevator door tracks.
- Removal of marks on hallway wallpaper, service doors and other unpainted surfaces.
- Clean vending machine and ice room areas.
- Assist housekeepers with heavy lifting and trash removal.
- Ensure linen closets are stocked with all guest room supplies and collateral.
- Maintain proper allotment of linens in linen closet.
- Responsible for removing trash and soiled linens from Housekeeper carts throughout the day.
- Responsible for cleanliness of line closets in assigned areas, including sweeping and mopping.
- Clean stairwells, including sweeping and mopping of stairwell surfaces. Responsible for cleaning of stairwell light fixtures and high dusting.
- Responsible for the care of equipment and machines.
- Knowledge of safety rules for guests, employees, equipment and machinery.
- Report safety hazards, such as broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons, and report to supervisor immediately.
- Follow all training procedures as set forth in the Bloodborne Pathogens Program.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work all shifts and holidays.
- Able to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work in hot environment.
- Keep a clean and tidy workstation.
- Be able to self-motivate.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guest and co-workers at all times.
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by Ace Supervisor, Housekeeping Leadership or Hotel Management.
At all times during the term of employment, Employee agrees to provide their best efforts and skills to perform the duties and tasks as outlined herein. Employee agrees to represent and project the Employer in the highest regard and represent themselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Employer is in the hospitality business, therefore, Employee is expected to provide a friendly, welcoming attitude and a high level of customer service to our hotel guests, our customers and fellow employees.