Job Title: Room Attendant
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Local Supervisor
Qualities: Well Organized, Personable, Willingness to Learn, Mature, Responsible, Team Player, Punctual.
The Housekeeping Room Attendant provides service to hotel guests and fellow housekeepers. The Room Attendant is responsible to ensure that standards of cleanliness in assigned areas are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service. This position maintains the cleanliness of the guest rooms and other areas as assigned by hotel management.
The Room Attendant will adhere to all policies and procedures of Ace Staffing. Adherence to all unique local hotel policies is also required. The Room Attendant is expected to work independently under the direction of housekeeping management and the local Ace supervisor.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following items:
- Able to perform repetitive work.
- Maintain the cleanliness of assigned guest rooms, including high dusting of walls, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, polishing, cleaning of multiple surfaces, artwork, furniture, lamp shades, televisions, mirrors and windows.
- Removal of marks on room wallpaper, doors doors and other unpainted surfaces.
- Responsible for removing trash and soiled linens from assigned guest rooms throughout the day.
- Clean and sanitize Shower stalls bathtubs and toilets.
- Must replace and/or replenish room amenities as required.
- Responsible for the care of equipment and machines.
- Knowledge of safety rules for guests, employees, equipment and machinery.
- Report safety hazards, such as broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks, and suspicious persons, to supervisor immediately.
- Follow all training procedures as set forth in the Bloodborne Pathogens Program.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work all shifts and holidays.
- Able to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Able to stand, bend, stoop, and stretch for long periods of time multiple times during a shift.
- Work in hot environment.
- Keep a clean and tidy workstation.
- Be able to self-motivate.
- Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guest and co-workers at all times.
- Able to follow written or verbal instructions.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by Ace Supervisor, Housekeeping Leadership or Hotel Management.
At all times during the term of employment, Employee agrees to provide their best efforts and skills to perform the duties and tasks as outlined herein. Employee agrees to represent and project the Employer in the highest regard and represent themselves in a professional and ethical manner at all times. Employer is in the hospitality business, therefore, Employee is expected to provide a friendly, welcoming attitude and a high level of customer service to our hotel guests, our customers and fellow employees.
|Job Category||Room Attendants|